Supporting your Enjoyment of Movie Entertainment. Webedia Movies Pro LLC, a Delaware company with principal offices at 63 Copps Hill Road, Ridgefield, Connecticut 06877 (“Webedia”) specializes in email newsletters, websites, mobile sites, brochures, print newspaper ads and other marketing products used by cinema chains, independent theatre owners, Hollywood studios, distributors and digital media businesses (collectively, “Exhibitors”) in support of movie patrons (“Webedia Services”) like you. The very nature of the services Webedia provides in support of each Exhibitor’s Webedia newsletter (the “Webedia Newsletter”) and any other Webedia Services focuses on the collection and analysis of various types of information that visitors to this website (“Webedia Members”) voluntarily provide us.
Categories and Sources of Personal Information Collected
Use of Personal Information
Your Use of Third-Party Websites
Changing Your Membership Type
Sharing of Personal Information
Information Security and Integrity
Do Not Track
Exercise of Your Rights
Questions, Feedback and Contact Information
“Cookies” are small text files placed on your computer while visiting certain sites on the Internet used to identify your computer. Please visit our Cookies Policy to learn more about Cookies and certain functions and features on our Websites.
“Data Controller” means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the Processing of Personal Information.
“Data Processor” means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or any other body which Processes Personal Information on behalf of the Data Controller.
“Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, as defined under applicable law, such as name, home address, telephone number, or email address.
“Non-Identifying Information” means information that may relate to an individual but does not by itself identify that individual. For example, Web Information is Non-Identifying Information, as is information such as gender, age, city, and physical location, when not linked with other Personal Information.
“Processing”means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
“Applicable law”means, as to residents of the United States and other countries (other than the European Union and European Economic Area), the laws applicable in the State of Connecticut, without giving effect to choice of laws principles or the U.N. Convention for the International Sale of Goods.
By agreeing to subscribe to and/or use this Website and/or Webedia Newsletters, you are entering into a binding contract with Webedia Movies Pro LLC under Connecticut law and agree to waive any other rights under other laws, rules or regulations. You agree that any claim or dispute against any Webedia company shall be resolved solely in Connecticut. You agree that any claim or dispute against any Webedia company shall be resolved solely in Connecticut. This Agreement, and all questions with respect to the existence, validity, interpretation or termination of the Agreement, will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Delaware and without regard for conflict of laws provisions. You expressly consent to personal and exclusive jurisdiction in the state courts of Delaware or in a Federal Court located within the state of Delaware. The parties agree that the provisions of the 1980 United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply. If we prevail in any dispute with you, we will be entitled to our reasonable attorneys’ fees and litigation costs.
- CHAMBRE ARBITRALE DE PARIS (61, Bourse de Commerce, 2, rue de Viarmes, 75040 Paris cedex 01, tél : 01.42.36.99.65, fax : 01.42.36.08.54, télex 214131 F, e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org) (the « Administrator »),
- INTERNATIONAL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, iccwbo.org(the “Administrator”),
in accordance with its Rules of Arbitration, of which parties hereto declare to be cognizant which they hereby accept, those Rules being those effective at the date of the application for arbitration. If the parties cannot agree upon the appointment of a single arbitrator, then within fourteen days after either party has given to the other a written request to concur in the appointment of an arbitrator, a single arbitrator shall be appointed by such Administrator on the written application of either party. The language to be used in the arbitral proceedings shall be French, or, with the mutual consent of both parties, English. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you waive any right to make a claim, or participate in any claims or damages from, any class action or common action.
There are several ways you can disclose personal information to us and Exhibitors contracting with us to provide Webedia Newsletters. For example:
- You will be able to provide information about your interests through email surveys. This information will assist Webedia and Webedia Newsletter Exhibitors to customize the emails you receive.
- You may reply to any email we send you and correspond directly with the Webedia Exhibitor by email. If Webedia corresponds with you directly, we may store this correspondence.
If you enrolled as a Webedia Member on this Website and thereby you grant us or the Exhibitor permission to communicate the news of the Exhibitor to you, you will receive emails to Webedia Members. You must also provide us or the Exhibitor with your name and email address to allow us to communicate a personalized message to you. You can do this by:
- completing a Webedia enrollment card to join an Exhibitor’s Webedia Newsletter;
- clicking on the various hyper-links found throughout our pages; or
- providing your name and email address and granting consent to an Exhibitor by some other means;
You will receive a confirmation of your enrollment in the first Webedia Newsletter you join and when you join additional Webedia Newsletters, your name and email address, and any other general information you have voluntarily provided to us in the “Update Email Settings” section of our website (“Profile Information”) will be shared with the Exhibitor and added to the member information for the relevant Webedia Newsletter.
There are several features of the Webedia Newsletter that require certain additional Personal Information in order to use them. The information that you provide for these options will not be used for any reason other than that for which you provide the information. Whenever Webedia runs a contest or sweepstakes, we will tell you what information we will collect from you, how it will be used, and whether we will share it with anyone, such as a third party sponsoring the contest or sweepstakes or a service provider we utilize to manage the event.
Webedia collects and has access to all of the above Webedia Member Personal Information and may share information that you provide to us specifically for a Webedia Newsletter Exhibitor in a form that may link the information with personal information that can identify you, only with that Webedia Newsletter Exhibitor.The specific Webedia Newsletter Exhibitor for whom you are providing the information will own the right to use such Personal Information, subject to your rights under applicable law. Webedia will share Profile Information you provide and information may be in a personally identifiable form.
Please note that, although you may, you are under no obligation to provide extra personal information, other than that set forth herein, in order to continue to receive your periodic promotion and special event news; provided however that where Exhibitors are required by law to receive additional age related information, this information will be requested of you.
Personal Information that you submit to us: This may be personal contact, identification, and location information, such as name, home or work address, personal or business email address, contact details such as your home, facsimile or mobile phone number, gender, age or date of birth, country of residence, username, domain name (if personally identifiable), User’s photo or image, or other personal information that Users may submit in connection with any of our services or programs, including, for example, public comment submissions, program or service applications, community surveys, email list subscription, general enquiries, event registration, or online meetings or events. This also includes information provided to us on the Website that would constitute personal data under applicable law.
Personal Information received from a third party: This may include Personal Information, such as name and address for identity verification or to Process a request or an application submitted to us, that we receive from an Exhibitor. For example, you might submit that information at a movie theater, and the relevant Exhibitor may provide such Personal Information to us to enable you and such Exhibitor to stay in touch, through us or directly with the Exhibitor.
Financial information:This may include financial account information or financial transaction information when participating in any of our services or programs, where such information is requested or generated for a commercial transaction.
Automatically logged use information: The Website may automatically record information that is sent by the User’s browser or device when accessing and using the Website, which can be identifying or non-identifying. This information may include information such as IP address, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), date/time stamp, page viewed, operating system, mobile device information, clickstream information, preference information, and other similar information.
You will have the opportunity to opt out of membership in any Webedia Newsletter whenever you receive an email for that specific Webedia Newsletter. If you opt out of membership, your name will be added to a list of individuals who have ended their membership and the transmission of emails to you will stop no later than seven business days from your request. Should you subsequently renew your membership in that Webedia Newsletter, your membership will be reinstated as though no break in your membership had occurred. Please note that if you do choose to cancel your membership in a Webedia Newsletter, your information remains in our database, but your membership will be deactivated. (Special rules will apply for the removal of information for children under the age of 13 (U.S.) or 16 (UK, EU, EEA) who have been specifically permitted to join a Webedia Newsletter. See “Minors”).
We will retain certain Personal Information stored on our servers (and those of our service providers) in accordance with our general archival practices and as required or permitted by applicable law.
- Residents of the European Union (including UK) and European Economic Area: Any right of require deletion of Personal Information (“right to be forgotten”) is subject to Webedia’s rights under applicable law. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Webedia is authorized to retain in our files information that you have requested us to remove in some circumstances, such as to, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce the terms and conditions of our Website. In addition, prior information is never completely removed from our databases due to technical constraints and the fact that Webedia backs up our systems. Therefore, you should not expect that all of your Personal Information would be completely removed from our databases in response to your requests, but that, if removal shall be mandated under applicable law, Webedia may encrypt, de-personalize or pseudonymize your Personal Information and, in such form, retain such information indefinitely.
- Residents of the United States and other Countries. Webedia will retain in our files information that you have requested us to remove in some circumstances, such as to, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce the terms and conditions of our website. In addition, prior information is never completely removed from our databases due to technical constraints and the fact that Webedia backs up our systems. Therefore, you should not expect that all of your personally identifiable information would be completely removed from our databases in response to your requests.
We will store the User’s Personal Information only for as long as is required to fulfill the purposes set out above, subject to technical and legal exceptions described herein. Where we are required by law to retain a User’s Personal Information longer or where a User’s Personal Information is required for us (or an Exhibitor for whom we may act as Data Processor) to assert or defend against legal claims, we will retain the User’s Personal Information until the later of (i) the expiration of all potential claims periods or (ii) until all such claims are no longer legally justiciable or have been resolved.
We may share certain Personal Information with Exhibitors, contractors and other agents for the purpose of Processing this information on our behalf or for Exhibitors, and providing support and other services to us or to the User on our behalf or for Exhibitors. These third parties include providers that provide services such as data analysis, email transmission, Exhibitor relationship management (CRM), IT security, cloud service providers, database management, event management, asset management solutions, food and beverage concessionaires, suppliers to Exhibitors, consultants, and financial or legal advisors. We require that these parties agree to handle this information in compliance with appropriate confidentiality obligations and security measures.
We also may publish some Personal Information on the Website in a manner that is viewable by our community members, as described in the relevant program description, such as sweepstakes winners.
We will provide Personal Information to such third parties, government authorities and agencies to:
- comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- if permitted or required by law or in response to a law enforcement or other legal request;
- protect our or a third party’s legal rights, including the enforcement of terms or other contracts with Users;
- receive contracted services or use of licensed technologies or licensed products from third party providers;
- comply with any court order or legal proceeding;
- comply with our accountability and transparency principles and disclosure policies;
- identify the User to anyone that the User sends a communication through the Website;
- effectuate a reorganization or organizational change resulting in the divestiture or transfer of any of our operation, unit, function, or asset to such third party;
- detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud or other criminal activity or errors, security or technical issues; or
- protect against imminent harm to our rights, property, or the safety of our users, any Exhibitor or the public (including service providers) as required or permitted by law.
We will not sell or otherwise share any Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes, except as otherwise set forth herein.
We may sell or share Personal Information in the following cases.
- Where we have collected any Personal Information from you on behalf of an Exhibitor (which is usually the case for Exhibitor-sponsored websites like this one where the User uses the Website intentionally to interact with an Exhibitor), we may sell all of it to the Exhibitor who hired us to deliver Webedia Services on its behalf. Thus, if an Exhibitor ends its agreement with us to support the Webedia Newsletter in good standing, the Exhibitor may obtain the email addresses and names and any volunteered birthday and anniversary dates or volunteered Personal Information of the members of its Webedia Newsletter from us. While this may occur at any time, usually such transfer occurs only upon completion of our service agreements that support the Exhibitor’s marketing operations.
- Where you have opted out of a sale or transfer of your Personal Information, we may use or share an identifier to alert third parties that you have opted out.
By using our Website or providing us with your Personal Information electronically, the User is directly transferring Personal Information and Non-Identifiable Information to us in the United States. The User’s Personal Information also may be transferred and Processed in other countries where our staff or third-party service providers are located. The United States and such other countries may not have the same level of information protection as the User’s jurisdiction.
Whenever such transfers are by one of our locations in the European Union to another of our locations in the United States, they are based on contractual commitments, such as the Standard Contractual Clauses (according to EU Commission Decision 87/2010/EC or any future replacement), or other applicable data transfer arrangements, in order to contractually provide that your Personal Information is subject to adequate levels of data protection. You may request further information concerning such contractual commitments by sending a request to email@example.com.
The User is solely responsible for compliance with any information protection or privacy obligations in the User’s jurisdiction when using the Website or providing us with Personal Information. By submitting Personal Information, the User agrees to such Processing.
We will use reasonable industry standard safeguards (which may include physical, procedural and technical measures) to protect against the unauthorized disclosure of Personal Information it collects and holds. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information collected is complete and relevant to its intended use.
The Website contains links to other third-party websites, which are subject to the respective privacy policies of those third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or other legal compliance of such linked third-party sites, and their owners and operators.
Due to the open communication nature of the Internet, we cannot represent, warrant or guarantee that communications stored on our servers (or our service providers’) will be free from unauthorized access by third parties, loss, misuse, or alterations. While we will take reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of Personal Information received, WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR USE OR COMPROMISE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. USERS ARE ADVISED THAT THEY SUBMIT SUCH PERSONAL INFORMATION AT THEIR OWN RISK.
Users’ browsers may allow users to set a “Do Not track” preference. Unless otherwise stated, the Website does not honor “Do Not Track” requests.
Users may be entitled to obtain access to information on the Processing of Personal Information, to object to certain Processing, request information portability, and have their Personal Information rectified, deleted, or otherwise restricted in terms of Processing, in each case as permitted under applicable law. Users also may be entitled to withdraw any consent given with prospective effect with respect to the Processing of their Personal Information, subject to applicable law and Webedia’s rights. Users can exercise these rights or learn more about the Processing of Personal Information by us, by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org(UK residents), email@example.com(EU and EEA residents) or firstname.lastname@example.org(residents of USA and other countries). Any request is subject to identity verification. All privacy-related access requests are taken seriously, and we will respond to request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable, but in any case, within the legally required period of time. Please note that certain Personal Information may be exempt from such access, correction, objection, or deletion rights pursuant to local laws.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe that your Personal Data is not being Processed in accordance with the law, you also may contact or lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority or seek other remedies under applicable law.
If a User no longer wishes to receive certain electronic communications from us, the User may opt-out from such communication by following the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of such communication or by accessing any available preference setting functionality in the Website.
Webedia Newsletters are intended for mature individuals legally responsible for choosing their entertainment content. We do not target or knowingly collect or require Personal Information from children under the age of 13 for U.S. residents or from children under the age of 16 for UK or EU or EAA residents. If you believe your child (or a child for whom you have parental authority) has provided us with Personal Information, please notify us by email at email@example.com(for U.S. residents), or firstname.lastname@example.org(for U.K. residents) or email@example.com(for other EU or EAA residents).
- K. Residents: You may contact Webedia Movies Pro (UK) Ltd. at its offices at 134-138 West Regent St, Glasgow G2 2RQ, Scotland, attention firstname.lastname@example.org. (If not satisfied with our response or otherwise, you may also request attention of the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Land, Wilmslow, Chesire, SK9 5AF England).
- Other EU and EEA Residents: You may contact Webedia Movies Pro France at its offices at 2 Rue Paul Vaillant Couturier, 92532 Levallois-Perret, France, attention email@example.com. (If not satisfied with our response or otherwise, you may also request attention of the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés, 3 Place de Fontenoy, TSA 80715, 75334 PARIS CEDEX 07, France).
- S.A. Residents and Others: You may contact Webedia Movies Pro LLC at its offices at 63 Copps Hill Road, Ridgefield, Connecticut 06877, attention firstname.lastname@example.org.